Wednesday, February 10, 2010

'Why isn't Shah Rukh Khan here to help us?'

shahrukh khan
Mumbai: Not willing to risk further damage, Manoj Desai, executive director of Maratha Mandir, has said that he would not be screening the movie. “Irrespective of how the situation pans out over the next two days, I will not be screening My Name Is Khan at my two theatres — Maratha Mandir and Gaiety,” said Desai.

“On Tuesday, Sena protestors tore the screen at Maratha Mandir, the damage costing Rs82,500, even though I hadn’t put up any posters related to the film nor did I open the advance booking. So why was my theatre targeted?” He also asked the commitment of the filmmakers. “It’s sad that while the team of MNIK is attending a lavish premiere in Abu Dhabi, theatre owners in Mumbai are facing the party’s ire,” he said.

“Shouldn’t Shah Rukh Khan have been in Mumbai in this time of crisis? I’d rather show the Hindi dubbed version of the Hollywood film, The Wolfman, than screen MNIK.”

Meanwhile, Khan, at a pre-release press conference at Abu Dhabi, said that he hoped “better sense prevails in Mumbai. We have worked really hard on the movie and we just want people to watch the movie”.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin